“Location, location, location” is generally excellent advice, except that most people have no idea what it means. While a good location means different things to different people, there are also a few objective factors that play into how a good location impacts a home’s value. Neighborhoods appeal to people based on personal choice. A great neighborhood may have advantageous factors such as accessibility, and amenities, but a truly great neighborhood feels and looks great with residential landscape services in St Louis, MO.
Your Home and Neighborhood Appearance
The appearance of your home within your neighborhood is important. Large trees, clean streets, lawns, and gardens that are cared for by residential landscape services, and nearby green or community spaces all tend to be quite desirable. A certain amount of aesthetic uniformity with splashes of visual differentiation can help a neighborhood’s appearance and appeal. It will only help your home’s value and curb appeal if your property matches the other homes in your area. If you go to sell your home, it can help to ensure it sells faster. People judge the popularity of a neighborhood-based on how long homes tend to stay on the market, and if turnover is quick, many will see it as a desirable place to live.
Installing landscape lighting design in St Louis, MO, can enhance your property’s beauty and deter unwanted intruders. Those elements also increase your home’s curb appeal and resale value. Landscape lighting can be a smart investment that will last a lifetime. Here are some tips on how property values can be increased with landscape lighting.
Landscape Lighting Design for Beauty
A well-considered landscape lighting design can showcase your home’s lovely garden and maybe a winding lighted path. Some key ambiance lighting can also be placed around the pool or barbecue area to give your backyard a tropical, vacation-like feel. In addition, above-ground well lights can light up your trees, plants, or water features. You could even frame the edges of your deck or enhance the planters on your deck with outdoor lighting.
Enhance Yard Safety with Landscape Lighting Design
When you are concerned about how safe your backyard is for you and your guests, then outdoor lighting can improve visibility and lower the risk of accidents on your property. For instance, you could use underwater lights or in-ground-well-lights to frame the exterior of your pool. Or you could use well lights to light paths around your yard, or your above ground pool. It’s also helpful to add additional lights with motion detectors for when you take out the recycling or garbage.
One of the most popular commercial landscape services in St. Louis, MO, these days is the installation of paver patios and walkways. These additions not only provide a significant boost to your property’s curb appeal, but they can also significantly increase its value. In order to maximize these benefits, you’ll want to take the proper steps in deciding which type of design and material is right for you. Here are a few items to consider:
- Surface Texture – Think about how your patios and walkways will be used. This will help you determine whether it’s best to choose a smooth, flat surface or a surface that is more on the textured side.
- Concrete or Stone – If you’re looking for an option that is both affordable and attractive, concrete pavers are ideal. However, some people prefer stone pavers to achieve a specific look. Some of the most popular types of stone include flagstone, cobblestone, and veneer stone.
- Design – As you ponder how you want your patio or walkway to look, keep in mind that the final design should be a happy marriage of style and functionality. This is a big decision, so it is best to consult with professionals – such as those at Lawn System – before deciding on any commercial landscape services in St. Louis, MO.
When people think about landscape lighting design in St. Louis, MO, their initial thoughts may turn to all of the nighttime activities they will be able to enjoy on their property. While this is a fantastic feature of landscape lighting, there is another important benefit that concerns a subject that most people would rather not think about.
Whether we like it or not, the reality is that there are criminals out in the world who want to break into the houses of unsuspecting residents. These burglars typically pick their targets carefully, and when choosing between a home with landscape lighting and one without it, the choice is natural. Even houses with poorly lit landscapes can be vulnerable to these types of unwelcome visits.
One way to proactively keep your home safe from intruders is by working with a specialist who can help you with landscape lighting design in St. Louis, MO. By choosing an experienced landscaping company, such as Lawn Systems, you can make sure your individual lighting needs are met to your complete satisfaction. We take pride in offering the perfect solution for your outdoor space, so don’t hesitate to reach out to us to learn how our company can meet your lighting needs.
Like most plants, grass can be fickle. Give it too little water, and it will shrivel. Give it too much water, and it will drown. That’s why proper lawn irrigation is crucial to maintaining a healthy, beautiful lawn. However, it’s not just about appearances. Hydrating your lawn the right way can also yield other important benefits, such as the following:
- Saving Time – Watering your lawn manually takes a lot of time. It can be exhausting to do when it’s hot outside. Fortunately, lawn irrigation companies offer an array of solutions to automate the process for you – just flip a switch to cross “water the lawn” off your to-do list. Better yet, many irrigation systems can be programmed to your schedule so you don’t have to do anything at all.
- Saving Money – While installing a sprinkler system requires an upfront investment, many property owners save money in the long-run. Sprinkler systems distribute water more efficiently, so your monthly bills will be lower. Furthermore, you won’t have to spend as much money on lawn upkeep when you keep your grass properly hydrated.
- Saving Water – Thanks to the eco-friendly options available from lawn irrigation companies, you can cut down your water consumption and do your part to protect the local environment. This benefit is especially important if you live in an area that’s strict about water use.
Lush, green grass doesn’t just sprout in your lawn overnight. You must maintain your lawn’s health with the proper nourishment, including the perfect level of irrigation. But few people know which type of sprinkler system is best for their property.
The easiest thing to do is consult with a lawn sprinkler system company to get a recommendation from an experienced professional. However, here’s what you should know about the three most common types of sprinklers to ensure you’re making an educated decision:
- Rotor Head Systems – When you need to cover a large area, a rotor head system is probably your best bet. These sprinklers typically spray less than an inch of water per hour, which should give your lawn plenty of time to absorb the moisture.
- Drip Systems – Lawn sprinkler system companies usually recommend drip systems when you need to target specific sections of your property. For example, if you have flower beds or vegetable beds that need special attention, a drip system will drop the water right where it’s needed.
- Spray Systems – For smaller properties, a spray system may be the most efficient option. Since they spray around one and a half inches of water per hour, they work best on flat ground with absorbent soil.
Lighting up your landscape looks great and helps you set the right mood for your home’s exterior, but those aren’t the only advantages to keep in mind. Purposeful illumination can also significantly enhance your property’s safety. When you install landscape lighting in St. Louis, MO, you get the best value when your design features and emphasis on reducing risk for anyone who visits.
It’s not just about easier navigation, either. Well-lit outdoor spaces offer versatile protection in two key ways:
- Personal Safety – Whether you’re showing off your garden or simply trying to get to the door after working late, reliable lighting lets you do it without worry. Since one wrong step can lead to an injury, the investment is well-worth its cost. Plus, you get great peace of mind when it comes to elders and children spending time outdoors after dark.
- Property Protection – In addition to making life a little easier for you and your guests, your lights serve as a deterrent for unwanted company. Vandals, thieves, and other wrong-doers are less likely to go after a house that’s well-lit and easily seen. Even if they do, it’s much easier to catch and identify them when they have to walk through a well-lit yard.
If you want the latest tips on lawn care and maintenance, you’re in the right place. At Lawn Systems, our experience and passion for green solutions put us in the perfect position to share what we’ve learned over three decades of work in the industry. We believe that everyone deserves access to smart lawn solutions, which is why we’ve compiled some of our top tips and information for you.
Reading on, you’ll find posts on topics like drainage, landscaping, lighting, and professional irrigation in St. Louis. Each one is designed to help your favorite features flourish. We can offer insight into:
- Avoiding Flooding in Your Yard
- Using the Best Fertilizers
- Designing the Right Exterior Look
- Finding the Right Plants for Your Needs
- Setting the Mood with Purposeful Lights
Taking control of your landscape’s health and look is an important step toward personalizing your home and improving its curb appeal. Let us lend a hand with free information that’s backed by hands-on work on properties of all kinds. We can even help you determine which solutions you can take care of on your own and which ones work better when handled by professionals! Read on to learn more about caring for your lawn.